One of the most important things to consider when developing your blog or website is how to achieve the optimal search engine optimization (SEO).Â I recently came across 7 tips to make your website or blog more search engine friendly:
- Make sure to have a sufficient amount of text on your website/blog.Â Search engine spiders love text content, so by having even basic text with your graphic content can increase your SEO.
- Keep to only having one topic for each page to avoid confusing readers.
- Have the first sentence of your content contain the strongest keywords so that the search engine spiders can establish a relationship between the keywords and will subsequently have an easier time figuring out what you are talking about.
- Make a clear and easily accessible trail for search engine spiders to follow on your website until they can figure out what your website or blog is about.Â A good way to achieve this is by making a text-based sitemap containing a link to all the pages you want the spiders to go on your website or blog.
- For pages you do not want the spiders to go to, learn to use â€œrobots.txtâ€ to inform spiders to keep away from that content.
- Use two or three of your strongest keywords in your URL so that the URL can become more search-engine-friendly.
- Use two or three of your strongest keywords in the title of your website or blog as well.Â Make the title of each of your pages unique so that there is not any confusion between pages on your website or blog.