One of the website developers at Eggplant Digital suggested a few tips on how to make your WordPress install harder:
In order of importance:
1. Keep your WordPress install up to date.
2. NEVER leaving the generic username â€œadminâ€ as your primary WordPress username, doing so makes it too easy to crack your WordPress admin password.
3. Create an admin username password which are less memorable, but more secure than your current ones. For example, instead of using something like your last name and date of birth, use a randomly generated password with numbers and letters and write it down somewhere that you can access it quickly. Great site for random passwords is:Â https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm
4. Keep your WordPress plugins up to date and donâ€™t use plugins which arenâ€™t being maintained by the developer.
5. Install the Login Lockdown plugin that limits failed login attempts and reports any suspicious logins to you and/or limit the number of IPs users can login from.
6. Check atÂ http://sameip.orgÂ how many sites are hosted via your IP address. If there are too many, then ask your host for a dedicated IP address.
Sign up to our regular newsletter with our latest blogs posts and news!
Eggplant Digital helped us focus on exactly what we wanted the website to do and how we wanted people to interact with it. Then they built a site that exceeded all our expectations. They met every deadline, even when we missed a few ourselves. These guys are the best in the region without a doubt. They will be my first call next time around and the last call.
Since the site went live, a year ago, we’ve seen a significant rise in enquiries for work through the website. This has been a fantastic boost for the growth of our business. Thanks to the Eggplant team!
Andrew Clark, Group Creative Director/DP
Woo hoo! Looks awesome. I am very pleased to say the least. Everyone at Eggplant, great job and thanks for the hard work.
Eggplant have been fantastic – not only do we have a great website for a reasonable price, but their technology and marketing tools for our company have exceeded my expectations.
Mark Varley CEO
From their input on the initial design to their meticulous care in continuing to tweak the websites until they were exactly what we needed, I couldn’t have been more pleased with the job they did. Both their design work and back-end programming have had a profound impact on our work in China.
Gabriel Suk - Founder
The site looks great and will be the envy of our industry. Thanks for being so patient with us. We can proudly say we have created the best website for a film company in China.
From the concept phase through to deployment I have been very impressed by the quality of the service delivered by Eggplant and the end result speaks for itself.Their patience in dealing with my constant queries and changes was also admirable!
Colin Saunders - Sales and Business Development Manager
Thank you for all your help in creating our website, we had a great experience and we are really happy with the end result! In just a few weeks since we went live, we have already had a lot of praise from our customers about the new website!Â